Bong88 Forum

Bong88

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-13 21:40:42

MarcusHube

Photo Credit: Arianka Ibarra via Unsplash

Photo Credit: Arianka Ibarra via Unsplash.
Let’s face it, this year has been tough on all of us.
It may even feel as though the weight of the world is suddenly crashing down on us and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
Remember when you would go to the waterpark and you would stand beneath the giant bucket and watch as it tilted one way then another quite often as it was slowly filling up with water, which you knew was soon going to drop on top of you.
It’s kind of like that.
In all honesty, when I first heard that classes were going to be online this upcoming semester, I was concerned yet curious at the same time.
What would the year look like.
How would things change.
I’m going into my fourth-year of my undergraduate degree.
I have definitely felt a sense of stability over the past couple years.
I have always felt somewhat confident in the steadiness of my post-secondary career.
It’s like watching your favourite movie.
You know how the story goes and you can rely on it to stay the same.

Always getting lost in Mackenzie Chown

late nights studying until 2 a.m.
in the library, seeing my best friends in the halls, sitting in Guernsey Market, etc.
It is part of the student experience, my experience.
I knew that being around other like-minded individuals was something that I found to play a big role in my learning pathway and I kept wondering what the change in dynamic would be like.
It’s like being part of a team.
Everyone has the same goal and you push each other to achieve that goal.
I wondered how being surrounded by a sea of icons could possibly replace the feeling of sitting in that lecture hall among all my peers, preparing for the day’s events.
How could the pixelated version of a course possibly teach me the same way as I have always known to be taught.
My thoughts were clouded with negativity.
I kept thinking that this breach of stability was unfair.
I took some time to reflect on what I have learned throughout my university career and I realized that life isn’t easy.
It requires hard work and perseverance.
You know how the saying goes, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”.
The concept of being presented with struggles and adversity but you find a way to make the most out of it really helped me gain a new perspective, in a positive light, on life.
Joining clubs was something I found to be very helpful.
Being involved definitely lifted up my spirits and helped me feel less worried and more excited for what is to come.
This is the time I have to sharpen my skills, make the most out of what I’ve got.
The fear I once had of the unknown has now shifted into a sense of anticipation.
I am eager to find out what else life will throw my way.
It’s time to make some lemonade.
The post Rising through adversity: it’s time to make lemonade out of lemons appeared first on The Brock Press.

Board footer